PATIENT INSTRUCTION FOR FRACTURE BRACING
You have been fitted with a functional fracture bracing device. This brace is designed to support fracture instability during healing. Proper use and wear are critical to obtain desired results. Frequent follow-up and adjustment are required. This device does not provide absolute protection against further injury.
The following suggestions will help maximize comfort and brace function.
- Wear brace only as directed.
- Fracture braces are designed to be adjustable NOT removable.
- Changes in weight and/or muscle tone will affect brace fitting and function.
Adjustment may be required.
- Always wear a clean, dry liner sock as provided under brace. Socks should be
changed as indicated by physician or orthotist. Assistance will be required to
- Oxford or athletic shoes must be worn at all times (leg braces).
- Slings or harnesses should be worn as directed (arm braces).
- Any frayed, torn straps or loose hardware should be repaired immediately.
- Irritation, redness, unusual swelling or pain should be brought to your physicians attention.
- Fracture braces are most effective when worn snugly. Wear as instructed.
- Return for brace check and re-adjustment after two (2) weeks.
Click for printable version of this document